That's my number today. Some things I've learned about myself this past year.
1. What keeps me going is also what drives me crazy.
2. I have a very complicated relationship with myself. Which makes everyone else's decision very easy.
3. I am more accepting of some of my flaws as being human. Or is it the other way around?
4. Age is not just a number. It's a reminder of how much time I've left before I'm forgotten.
5. 'Forgive and forget' is a sack of shit advice. I tried them (on myself as well). Doesn't work. Instead, say them out loud only. They'll believe you.
6. I'll never get over her, I have a feeling. Or, it will be a while...or still, never. Tough one. Have to mull over that for a while.
And the most important thing I've learned this past year:
7. Every morning, my fretting over these points -they are more than 6, I assure you - the previous night gives me a chuckle (how silly of me, I say). Then every night, the chuckle fades fast and I'm off to acquiring a brand new gray hair.
Some would say 'You didn't have to sign up for this, you know.' But how else would I want what I can't have in life?
Perhaps I ought to do a George Costanza and do the opposite of what I've been doing.
Then...I just might have a taste of everything I've always wanted.
* can you tell I wrote this in the p.m? :)
photo by Emon Hassan