The first thing that has always come to mind is 'fuck resolutions'. But then again, I thought, this would be good to have things I've been yapping about doing in writing and stop talking about them. I'll try not to go for grand plans and keep the tasks simple- emphasis on try. 1. Take one big step towards going paperless. This is a goal of mine and to prove that we (or maybe just I), at some point, can do without any paper.
2. Eat & drink healthy. That's pretty broad and almost never gets followed through, but I'll simplify it by these:
(a) less intake of sugar. I'll die, no doubt, but don't want to make it complicated by becoming a disease trap.
(b) drink more water. At least 8 glasses a day. 'What's the size of that fucking glass' is what I always asked myself. This was somewhat helpful.
(c) Spices! I don't want to remain a fat fuck, that's for sure. I, too, fell for the weight-gaining myths. [this Doc unmasks a bunch of others too]. I realized I had been ignoring the good spices in my diet. I want to keep eating my favorite foods, but making sure I work these spices in more. [one] [two] [three] If you want to go into the history of Spices, check out this book. Remember to scroll down and check out the new Google Books feature - places mentioned in the book on Google Maps!! (awesome indeed)
(d) One or two of these items can't hurt. But I'm not making weekly lists.
(e) A tea-spoon of honey (the real one) every morning - supposed to be good. I alread - sorta - do that but can't promise to keep it up all year. Maybe the days I work out.
** I'd like to know if you have suggestions I may have overlooked.
3) Three days of intense work-out although never going over 30 minutes. That's it, just three days - 30 mins. each. I have long hours at work, plus an hour of commute each way. 3 days are doable. Anything else is extra. Although I'm trying to see if I can just play tennis, or badminton somewhere instead of the boring gym.
4) Haven't done any film or radio projects since summer of 2006. Fucking shame. Have to change that in 2008. January will be more focused on films - and my shorts, which I'll be posting shortly.
5) Write more. Blog more. Read more. Speak my mind more. In short - express myself in newer ways.
6) Try new things with photography. Meaning, take more photos without thinking about it too much.
7) And as I have been doing so since I decided to do it some years ago - learn one new thing each day.
Perfectly doable, right? We'll see. 1 through 3 is on a trial basis. 3 through 7 is sorta in practice so won't be that difficult.
If I have to...and am forced to...arm-twisting and all...to come up with #8, it would be: Make more sweet sweet love by the fireplace, now that they're 24/7
p.s. sweet...this post is archive #1000; I guess that means this is my 1000th post.